Imperious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stat's n You: A complete guide of what stats you need and why.

2 posters

Go down

Stat's n You:  A complete guide of what stats you need and why. Empty Stat's n You: A complete guide of what stats you need and why.

Post by Dwaltz Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Under Development!
I will be focusing on those specs which are considered raid worthy first and filling in the rest later.

The idea behind this is to better point where loot should be going assuming everyone is cooperative and able to handle watching loot not go their way.

Do not think this as some sort of rigid system, for each individual their job and priorities will change. Simply think of this as a flexable template to help you know the raw numbers. Some classes may not need to reach hit or expertise cap but depending on your raid jobs (such as interupts) these priorities may change by default.

Feel free to post any thoughts and concerns or notes you want to add to your classes. I will do my best to keep this updated, but your comments are always welcome since I have experience with Rogues, DKs, and Shamans. The rest of this data is gathered from spreadsheets and guides.

Last edited by Dwaltz on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dwaltz
Dwaltz

Back to top Go down

Stat's n You:  A complete guide of what stats you need and why. Empty Re: Stat's n You: A complete guide of what stats you need and why.

Post by Dwaltz Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Death Knight

Frost spec:
---------------------------------------------

Stat Weights
Estimated EP values for stats in heroic T11 gear.

StatDW2H
Strength2.632.26
Hit1.181.28
Expertise1.061.04
Mastery0.90.88
Haste0.41.02
Crit0.660.68
AP0.880.75

Here is the general "rule" for gearing out for this stat list.

Dual Wield
Strength > Hit to cap >= Expertise to cap > Mastery > Crit > Haste > Agility > Hit to spell cap

Two Hand
Strength > Hit to cap >= Expertise to cap > Haste > Mastery > Crit > Agility > Hit to spell cap

Unholy Spec:
----------------------------------------------

Stat Weights

StatDW2H
Strength3.153.29
Hit1.121.78
Haste0.820.080
Crit0.630.60
Expertise0.690.66
Mastery0.200.26
AP0.730.75

Similar to above, here is the "general rules" of stats for Unholy:

Strength > Hit to cap > Haste > Expertise to cap > Crit > Mastery > Agility

Last edited by Dwaltz on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:32 pm; edited 23 times in total
Dwaltz
Dwaltz

Back to top Go down

Stat's n You:  A complete guide of what stats you need and why. Empty Re: Stat's n You: A complete guide of what stats you need and why.

Post by Dwaltz Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Druid

Feral DPS spec:

Stat Weights

StatValue
Weapon DPS4.18
Agility3.31
Mastery1.47
Crit1.04
Hit0.96
Expertise0.96
Haste0.90
Stre2.54
AP1.21

Balance Spec:

General Priority: Int > haste = hit(until cap) = Spirit > crit >= mastery

Other notes: At certain levels of haste, our DoT's gain extra ticks. With 3/3 Genesis and Moonkin Form, and no Glyph of Starfire, they get an 11th tick at 1423 haste rating, a 12th tick at 2778, a 13th tick at 4134, and a 14th tick at 5489. When affected by Nature's Grace, the 13th tick comes at 1924 rating, the 14th tick at 3102, the 15th tick at 4281, and the 16th tick at 5459. An important fact here is that the tick rate of a DoT depends only on your haste at the moment it's cast--it does not change dynamically while the DoT is running. --Quoted from Here!

Also since you are here I will point out that gear with spirit on it is usually priority for healers. Given that it is not uncommon to see gear with the same stats for you, just with hit and spirit taking each others places, you may want to look at what gear should be your priority next to those healers. That being said, it is worthy to note that running out of mana is far less devastating when you have a ton of spirit stacked, and spirit has no real negative outside the lack of raw hits bonus to pets, which DOES effect treant damage.

Restoration Spec:

General Priority: Int > SP > Spirit > Haste* > Crit > Mastery**

*Haste soft tick caps: Rejuvenation gains a 5th tick at 915 haste and Wild Growth gains a 9th tick at 2004 haste. Haste becomes the best stat at those levels.

**Stat priority change when you are focusing on tank healing to: Int > SP > Spirit = Mastery > Haste > Crit

Last edited by Dwaltz on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:37 am; edited 8 times in total
Dwaltz
Dwaltz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwaltz Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Hunter

Marksman spec:

Stat Weights

Survival Spec:

Stat Weights

Beast Mastery Spec:

Stat Weights

Last edited by Dwaltz on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dwaltz
Dwaltz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwaltz Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Mage

Fire spec:

Stat Weights

StatValue
Intellect3.72
Hit3.07
Spell Power2.54
Crit1.94
Mastery1.36
Haste1.30

Once you are spell hit capped, hit is worth 0 so don't stack it over that point. Haste is your worst stat unless you are about to break what is known as the "soft haste cap." The only current reachable haste cap is 12.5%. If you are close to that % pushing haste to break it is highly recoomended, which will cause you dots to tick an additional time, causing a noticable DPS increase.

Frost Spec:

Stat Weights

Arcane Spec:

Stat Weights

Last edited by Dwaltz on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dwaltz
Dwaltz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwaltz Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Paladin

Retribution spec:

Stat Weights

StatValue
Strength1.55
AP0.71
Hit0.46
Expertise0.30
Crit0.21
Haste0.20
Mastery0.14

Outside noting the obvious hit and expertise values dropping off once capped, it is note worthy that haste is slightly ahead of crit until you reach full epics. As your strength increases haste loses out to crit.

Holy Spec:

Last edited by Dwaltz on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dwaltz
Dwaltz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwaltz Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:35 pm

Priest

Disipline spec:

Holy Spec:

Shadow Spec:

Stat Weights

StatValue
Intellect1.00
SP0.79
Haste0.50
Crit0.40
Mastery0.39
Hit0.37
Spirit0.37

It is note worthy that people with a slow reaction time or those who prefer to not have to moniter whether or not their spells connect will most likely want to push for spell hit cap vs mastery or crit. Though it is not optimal to reach hit cap, for some it may prove needed.

Also since you are here I will point out that gear with spirit on it is usually priority for healers. Given that it is not uncommon to see gear with the same stats for you, just with hit and spirit taking each others places, you may want to look at what gear should be your priority next to those healers.

Last edited by Dwaltz on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dwaltz
Dwaltz

Back to top Go down

Rogue

Assassination spec:

Stat Weights

StatEP Value
Agility2.6
Yellow Hit1.75
Spell Hit1.4
Mastery1.3
Haste1.2
Expertise1.1
Crit0.9
White Hit0.75
MH DPS3.36
OH DPS1.04

As a general rule there are 3 stats you are going to be looking for on your gear in this spec: Hit, Mastery, Haste. Always make sure you stack and reforge for haste until you hit 17% (spell/poison hit cap). At this point you should always reforge for agility. While you may wonder why you are not stacking Expertise, the simple answer is in energy refunds for dodged attacks.

Other tips: Always use a fast offhand and open with rupture. Do not bother with fast main hand daggers for this spec any longer, with the changes to talents fast MH's are lower DPS when compared to slow. Deadly poison should be put on the offhand while instant is on the mainhand weapon.

Combat Spec:

Stat Weights

StatEP Value
Agility2.7
Yellow Hit1.9
Expertise1.6
Haste1.5
Spell Hit1.4
White Hit1.1
Crit0.95
Mastery0.9
MH DPS4.45
OH DPS2.16

Stack hit until you reach yellow hit cap. After that point go for expertise until you reach 26 with both weapons. After that point haste or more hit is the preferred stat (Hit is only decent until 17% and then becomes less useful). Always reforge for haste assuming you are yellow hit capped and expertise capped.

Other Notes: This chart will most likely change give the coming changes for combat spec. It is looking like mastery is going to be much more desirable than before, so I will keep my eyes open for updates on the stat tables.

Last edited by Dwaltz on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
Dwaltz
Dwaltz

Back to top Go down

Shaman

Enhancement spec:

General Priority: Hit (under spell cap) > Expertise (under cap) > Agility > Mastery > Crit >= Haste > Hit > Intellect = Strength > Spell Power

Elemental Spec:

General Priority: Hit/Spirit till cap > Intellect > Haste* = Mastery* > Crit >>>> Hit/Spirit after cap

*The General concusses is that you actually want to keep haste and mastery as close to each other as possible since one obviously benefits from the other.

Other notes: Since you are here I will point out that gear with spirit on it is usually priority for healers. Given that it is not uncommon to see gear with the same stats for you, just with hit and spirit taking each others places, you may want to look at what gear should be your priority next to those healers.

Restoration Spec:

General Priority: Int > Haste (Until 916 if close) > Crit > Spirit > Haste > Mastery

On a side note for Restoration Shamans, with the patch notes talking of the changes to Manatide totem it would seem that spirit on gear is about to become better than crit for shamans, given that YOUR base spirit (excluding short spirit buffs) x 4 will be given to the raid when you use the totem. In that case as of the patch the chart will look more like this:

Int > Haste (Until 916) > Spirit > Crit > Haste > Mastery

Last edited by Dwaltz on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 7 times in total
Dwaltz
Dwaltz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwaltz Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Warlock

Demonology spec:

General Priority: Int > Hit (to cap) > Mastery > Haste* > Crit

*If haste is causing you to not be able to refresh Immo with HoG, Crit > Haste.

Destruction Spec:

General Priority: Int > Hit (to cap) > Crit > Haste >> Mastery

Affliction Spec:

General Priority: Int > Hit (to cap) > Mastery > Haste > Crit

Last edited by Dwaltz on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
Dwaltz
Dwaltz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwaltz Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Warrior

Fury spec:

Stat Weights

Arms Spec:

Stat Weights

Dwaltz
Dwaltz

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelzor Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:28 pm

Some thoughts from our groups' (i.e. my thoughts that I impose on others in my group) loot system:

-Yes hybrids use spirit for hit, buts its a healer stat first. Theres items with hit as a stat the dps can use.
-There is only one spirit main hand in this tier (off Nef), so your healers generally should be allowed to roll/have consideration on these.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

edit:
General Priority: Int > haste = hit(until cap) = Spirit > crit >= mastery

should read:
General Priority: Int > haste = Spirit (to hit cap)> hit (to hit cap)> crit >= mastery

To clarify that, since hit is only hit, and spirit works as hit and regen, it is considered slightly better.
Angelzor
Angelzor
Admin

https://impguilb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwaltz Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:41 pm

Dwaltz wrote:
Also since you are here I will point out that gear with spirit on it is usually priority for healers. Given that it is not uncommon to see gear with the same stats for you, just with hit and spirit taking each others places, you may want to look at what gear should be your priority next to those healers.

Thanks for pointing out the thing with spirit being better for healers. On a side note I had already planned to put the comment quoted above from the Priest page onto Ele Shamans and Balance Druids just like I put it into the Shadow Priest section, I just wanted to wait until I found the stat tables themselves before I put in detailed notes.

On the spirit > hit thing, I was unaware balance druids gained mp5 while in combat from spirit, and unless that is the case spirit is not realistically any better than hit outside less of a need to drink after a fight, which is obviously not a downside but trivial at best. Oh, and hit is technically actually better since it effects your Treants hit chance while spirit actually doesn't. Suspect

Edit: Anyways I added the comment about spirit to Ele Shamans and Balance Druids now since some people will view these before I have time to make and post the tables.
Dwaltz
Dwaltz

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelzor Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:55 am

mana tideeeeeeeeeeee.

really only matters on aoe/heavy switching fights though were you might run low
Angelzor
Angelzor
Admin

https://impguilb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwaltz Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:35 am

What about mana tide? It's being changed so that it is based on the shamans spirit (which is actually a huge yaaay!) Anyways I'll put that note on there since some people might actually be dumb enough to get or reforge for raw hit over spirit when they are having mana control issues.
Dwaltz
Dwaltz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum