Imperious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priests: Lightwell and You

3 posters

Go down

Priests:  Lightwell and You Empty Priests: Lightwell and You

Post by Planetx Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Well, after healing a few heroic PUGS, I came to realize the wisdom in speccing lightwell. It is as though Blizzard took personally the jokes and fun people made of it in previous years. They have made it a very powerful healing tool now -- supposedly THE most efficient heal for priests in Cataclysm. Think about it: for one cast, you have 3 minutes of 17k+ hots on someone who really needs it (and they know who they are).

Unfortunately the dumber the player (stands in the fire), the less likely they'll think to use the lightwell. Hmm...

I made a macro /yell which says something like "Casting lightwell -- heal yourself while I focus on tank!" And another macro which gently reminds the party they may need to take care of themselves during fights, as I can't heal everyone all the time with the current healing and regen mechanics.

If you do try lightwell, be sure to also glyph for it (adds 5 extra charges).

Good luck!

Planetx
Planetx

Back to top Go down

Priests:  Lightwell and You Empty Re: Priests: Lightwell and You

Post by Obywonkanobe Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Still think disc is better for heroics, but if holy's your thing then while your at it try Leap of Faithing the dumb dps to lightwell.
1: it takes them away from dmg (and aggro)
2: it aggravates them almost as much as they aggravate you
3: they might just heal themselves if they arn't of the "Sub-brick" intelligence lvl
4: could keybind "click it or die cause I ain't healing your stupid ass through another voidzone."
Obywonkanobe
Obywonkanobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Planetx Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:50 pm

LOL
Planetx
Planetx

Back to top Go down

Post by Planetx Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:52 pm

As it turns out, I've already given up on lightwell. When the fury warrior or ret paly starts getting mashed, I just yank 'em outta there and go back to healing the tank. They get the message.
Planetx
Planetx

Back to top Go down

Post by Fkheals Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:26 pm

lol planet, thats a wonderful idea BUT! make shure ur standing in fire when you yank em out! that way they die, you killed them and u get the satisfaction of knowing the tank will live and you just pwned a nooblet.

Fkheals

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum